Friday, November 11, 2011

Romulo cafe despedida

My friends threw me a surprise despedida (going away party) before I left at Romulo Cafe in Quezon City. I rarely go beyond my comfort zone so this was my first time here.

Like regular restaurants that serve Filipino dishes, the food comes in family style. So we all agreed to try their best sellers

Tito Greg's Kare Kare
We all agreed that to make a good kare-kare, you need good bagoong to go with it or else the dish fails. And Romulo cafe had good bagoong. Enough said.
Crispy Pata
This is a Filipino dish made from deep fried pig leg.

Pomelo Salad
The Flying Tilapia
We were all so intrigued by the name and expected the fish to be laying flat on the plate but this blew our minds!

Tilapia is a common fresh water fish in the Philippines.


Romulo Cafe is located at 32 Scout Tuason corner Dr. Lazcano, Tomas Morato, Quezon City. It's quite out of the way but definitely worth a trip. You can call for reservations at telephone: +632 332-7275.

No comments:

Post a Comment